Monday, 30 June 2014

10 Random Facts About Me

So I'm totally bored, suffering from insomnia and I've had a few too many glasses of wine. This has all lead to you've guessed it.. 10 facts about me! I will try to make them as random as possible, but really.. who knows? Let's see..

ONE
If I were 2 inches shorter I would be classed as a dwarf. I really am that short. I just about reach exactly 5ft (or so my Doctor says) so stood next to most people, I'm very little. And people like to point this fact out. All. The. Time. They also tend to pick me up when they hug me. Just so you know.. that's not okay.

TWO
I was offered the chance to go to a private girls school on scholarship. That's right bitches, I'm actually quite clever. I aced my SAT's in Primary School and my teacher put me forward for a scholarship to continue my education and it was successful. Unfortunately being so young, I turned it down in favour of going to secondary school with my friends. I was also a bit nervous about the uniform. It didn't end too badly though, I passed all GCSE's with Grade C or higher and I have A Levels in Sociology and Psychology *pops collar*

 

THREE
I was not named after the film "Play Misty for Me". Seriously. Every single person who I have ever had to say my name to (usually at work - so for the past 8 years) has asked me this question. For the record, my Mum has stated I was named after the song Misty Blue (the one David played for Carol on Eastenders *sob*) although my Grandma would always state it was because of the colour of my eyes. I would have been called Misty Blue were it not for my surname.. That's just child abuse.



FOUR
I can roughly type up to 300+ words per minute. Clearly I spend too much time on the computer, but I once timed myself whilst typing - it's actually ridiculous. As you can imagine I also touch type, I don't look at the keyboard whilst typing which I'm sure most of you don't. I'm surprised I don't have carpal tunnel. Customers are usually quite impressed with this skill.

FIVE
My favourite food is onion ring crisps. I'm not even joking. I will eat those bad boys until I can't feel the roof of my mouth. I refuse to buy them anymore because I'm convinced they are the reason I am fat.



SIX
I have no tattoo's or piercings. Apart from my ears, and I cried when I had them done. I had my ears pierced originally at the age of 8 (I think - correct me if I'm wrong Mum!) but after a bash to the head in the school playground, they fell out. I didn't pluck up the courage again until I was 14, and I cried whilst walking around Primark. Since then I've never dared have any other piercing and tattoo's terrify me, despite wanting one desperately.

SEVEN
I prefer my own company. Whilst I love going out with friends or spending an evening on the sofa watching TV with Ross.. I like to spend time by myself. I enjoy getting lost in a book, creating a blog post (more creative than this, obv) thinking about my novel, painting my nails or even just cleaning up. If I spend too much time around other people I start to get stressed and anxious and retreat in to myself. I need my alone time.

EIGHT
I can't swim. Like seriously.. I just can't. I took lessons all of my life - even took private lessons. Tried to teach myself, had friends try to teach me.. but it just won't happen. I have an inexplicable fear of deep water. I could probably swim enough to save my life (if a boat started to sink right next to the beach) but I've never been able to get the hang of it. I've nearly drowned several times in my attempt to learn to swim, but I just can't do it. I don't float.. I sink. Fat bitch.

NINE
I can drink most men under the table. Srsly. I may be short, but I can handle my drink. I am usually the last person standing at most parties and apart from my strange inability to do shots in one go, I can handle my liquor like a sailor. I don't drink pints - pints are for pansies. What are they, like 4% alcohol? Be a man and drink a glass of wine! I once drank a large bottle of malibu, several alcopops, 4 beers, more shots than I can count and a bottle of wine, and was still standing. My poor, poor liver.


TEN
I had my 16th Birthday party in a police station. And not because I was locked up for being drunk and disorderly. My Grandad was a police officer and they had a bar upstairs in the station - seriously - most stations have these. Most of the "orange juices" laid out had vodka in them, I remember sneaking off to the toilet for fags, having a tour of the room where they kept confiscated items (including drugs and weapons) and some random bloke playing the bagpipes. We had karaoke, where we belted out Bon Jovi, I had friends sneaking out for spliffs outside (I'm actually serious) and going home pissed as a fart. That was also the year I got my Tinkerbell suitcase which Ross's niece Millie-Jayne now owns. That was a GOOD birthday. Did I mention.. it was a surprise party?



So there you have it.. 10 RANDOM facts about me. Took me ages to think of those.

What random facts about yourself do you have?




No comments: